Pages

Monday 17 December 2018

Summer learning Journey Activity 1: The Legend of New Zealand [4 points]

These are my fun facts about New Zealand 

 It was the first major nation to have universal suffrage. In 1893 all male and female citizens are legally allowed to vote.


New Zealanders are also called kiwis but kiwi is not a fruit. It is New Zealand’s native flightless bird.


The Maori name of New Zealand is Aotearoa which means the land of the long white cloud.



Where I got my facts: Fun facts about NZ

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Fasi,
    My name is Patricia and I am part of the Summer Learning Journey team. How nice is to see that your are actively engaging on completing the activities, way to go! I am here to comment and support your posts and guide you through this program.
    Thanks for sharing such a cool and curious facts about New Zealand!I think is really awesome that you chosen to mention the suffrage campaign, I feel very proud that New Zealand, despite of being such a young country, was the first one to give women the right to vote.
    Furthermore, I love how the word kiwi can mean 3 different things, I think that is great but it also can be confusing, specially for the many tourists that visit this country every year. Just to clarify, kiwi is a fruit but it can also be the bird or just a way to call the people who is from here, so this word can have 3 different uses!
    Well done and keep up with the good work!
    Kia kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.